Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas time is coming!

I LOVE this time of year so much! Especially with the excitement of being a newlywed & getting to decorate together [He likes it, even if he doesnt like to admit it ;)]. We bought our very 1st Christmas tree last night but its still in the box. I hope it turns out to be a good one because I dont want to have to take it back! I was so giddy & ecstatic last night {seriously, I was jumping up & down in the store & on the way to the car!} that Derek said, "Wow, if I had known buying Christmas stuff would make you THIS happy I would've been buying you an ornament every day of the year!" To which I said, "Well the year isnt over yet sugar & you have next year ya know!" teehehe ;) OH & I bought a cute little tree for my desk at work at Hobby Lobby (LOVEE that place) last night. Its so adorable with its pine cones & the picture just doesnt do it justice!



We also did some MUCH needed grocery shopping last night. We're trying to eat out less & cook more but its just so hard with busy schedules. It is a must though because we blow way too much money eating out! Derek laughed so hard at me when I showed him my coupons {I only had 3! haha} last night in Walmart. He said it made him think of many topics to blog about [oh boy] haha...Sooo I kind of cheated today. I ate out because I didnt have time to go home for all of the errands that I made on my lunch break. This is what I ate...
It was AMAZING...they have the best Sweet Tea ever & their potato soup is pretty great too! So I figured if I wont be eating out for a while I should treat myself to something delish ;) Dinner tonight should be scrumptious too. We're heading to Walnut Ridge to see my family & visit the church that my Dad is starting so it should be a great night!

I'll leave you with a scripture that has been on my heart for the past couple days. The Holman Christian Standard Bible is my usual favorite but this translation really spoke to me. "You obey the law of Christ when you offer each other a helping hand by bearing one anothers burdens." Galations 6:2 (Contemporary English Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment