Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks {my cliché title}

Sorry I have been so busy & have neglected my blogging duties! The move is over...FINALLY! Thanks to some amazing friends that didn't mind wasting their Friday night to help us move!! Thank you so much David & Robin, we are so grateful to God for you :) Saturday we had LOTS of cleaning to do at the old place & Derek's family was a major help to us. Momee & Gramps helped out so much & his cousin Shaela was such a blessing! We are very thankful that we have all of them nearby.

After all of the lifting, moving, & unpacking we did, my body hated me! I think I pushed myself way too far. I just wanted everything done so fast & I didn't take time & rest when I felt tired. Another addition were all of the crazy chemicals that I used to clean with Saturday, I think I had some sort of reaction to the fumes or something because my face was horribly broke out & I had what felt like a cold Sunday morning. I was really upset that I couldn't go to church but my body desperately needed a rest. We put our Christmas Tree up Sunday afternoon & it felt so nice & Christmasyy because it was chilly out & I had a vanilla cookie candle going while Derek made dinner. I just LOVE this time of year!

We are heading to Dallas tonight with his family & I'm so excited! I will miss getting to see my family though :) Derek's aunt & cousins live in Texas & his Grandma is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan. She got his entire family are so passionate about The Boys! Haha I love it, my family was never into sports all that much so its super exciting for me to get to be a part of one that is. When we first started dating it was a given that I had to become a fan lol. &&& I most certainly did! I love all of the excitement when game day comes. Last year he proposed on Thanksgiving day at the Game & it was so precious ;) I love how much we enjoy that time together but I am constantly reminded of how many people around the world worship teams like that but show little or no worship to God. It hurts my heart. Now I love football, & I don't feel convicted about enjoying it or getting excited during the game but I do see it a problem when I put my obsession with ANYTHING, including sports, above my worship for Christ.

I know I'm writing alot but I don't care haha. Another thing that has been on my heart...Last night while Derek was praying {which is precious, I love his prayers} I couldn't help but think about this part in Crazy Love by Francis Chan-

"Haven’t we all prayed the following prayer? Lord, we pray for safety as we travel. We ask that no one gets hurt on this trip. Please keep everyone safe until we return, and bring us back safely. In Jesus’ name we pray, amen. The exact wording may vary a bit, but that is the standard prayer we recite before leaving on mission trips, retreats, vacations, and business trips. We are consumed by safety. Obsessed with it, actually. Now, I’m not saying it is wrong to pray for God’s protection, but I am questing how we’ve made safety our highest priority. We’ve elevated safety to the neglect of whatever God’s best is, whatever would bring God the most glory, or whatever would accomplish His purposes in our lives and in the world. Would you be willing to prayer this prayer? God, bring me closer to You during this trip, whatever it takes..."

This spoke so much to me when I read it this summer {while on vacation} & God brought it to my attention again while we are about to go on another trip. It should be my prayer daily...I hope that you desire this as much as I do this holiday season :) God bless you & yours! I pray that you let Him invade your hearts & lives, & are willing to let Him bring you closer...whatever it takes.

Oh & p.s....Heres a picture of the Pearson's 1st Christmas Tree ;) Its a little on the puny side but it was like $40 so what could we expect haha! & I added a LITTLE more too it after this pic but oh well!

1 comment:

  1. I am just starting "Crazy Love". I don't have much time to read, so it takes me FOREVER these days to get through a book. So far it's been good! (I loved the video on the galaxies. Amazing!!)

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!! I like that y'all got engaged last Thanksgiving - while Kale and Kayla were getting married that same weekend.

    ReplyDelete